Home . COVID-19 . 2020 Virtual Museum . Belas Knap . Winchcombe Abbey . The Civil War & Tobacco - Lost Buildings Spoonley Villa - About our Town . Winchcombe Mysteries - Mysteries Archive . Family Search . Photography Competition .
About Our Town Hall
The museum is located on the upper floor in the Victorian Old Town Hall building which is situated at the T-junction in the centre of Winchcombe. It can easily be recognised by the large round clock overhanging the main road.
Since becoming redundant in 1883, the Old Town Hall has had many uses including:
Local Court of Petty Sessions (with easy access to the stocks)
Butcher's (ground floor)
Meetings and Banquets
Click on the images
Part of the covered market area has now been enclosed to provide the Tourist Information Office.
Since 1986 the Town Hall has housed Winchcombe Museum (owned by Winchcombe Town Trust) in the part of the building that was the old Court Room and Magistrates' private Retiring Room. In 1999, the Town Hall's exterior was renovated in a restoration project supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
In 2014 further major works were undertaken to replace 2 of the 4 Cotswold stone columns at the front, as well as other stabilization work.